We provide a great deal of Media and PR skills training and consultancy on an in-house basis for clients.
All of our open courses are suitable for this and it can prove a very cost-effective approach when there are a number of people to train.
We also have particular experience of providing Crisis Media Training & Support for clients during times of intense media scrutiny - preparing staff to face hostile and difficult media interviews and where necessary helping an organisation to protect it's reputation. Read more...
All training can be arranged 'on-site' at the client's premises - we can supply the necessary equipment we just need a suitable room - or we're happy to arrange a convenient training venue nearby if you would prefer the training 'off-site'.
Our recent in-house work for clients has included:
- Press, Radio & TV Interview Skills (PCT)
- Dealing with the media in a crisis (Unitary Council)
- Success with social media (FE & HE Association)
- Writing for the Web (National Company)
- Handling media interviews and using the voicebank system (Fire Service)
- Creating Video for the Web (National Company and Local Authority)
- Press, radio & television interview skills (PLC)
- Effective press and radio relations (Government Department)
- Handling radio interviews (Housing Association)
- Producing press releases (County Council)
- An introduction to PR photography and photo editing (University)
- Making effective presentations (PLC)
- Producing effective newsletters (Police)
- Media awareness evening for Elected Members (District Council)
- Media interview crash course (Charity)
To discuss in-house training further, please contact Miguel Ramskill on 01952 201338
(you can also use the contact form)
A selection of the clients we've worked with recently:
- Michelin Tyre PLC
- Buckinghamshire County Council
- Scottish Consumer Council
- East Sussex PCTs
- London Borough of Hackney
- General Medical Council
- Brunner Mond
- Leicestershire Fire & Rescue Service
- Lewisham College
- Connexions Tyne & Wear
- Sheffield International Venues
- Hackney Homes
- University of Central England
- Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
- East Riding Primary Care Trust
- Shetland Islands Council
- South Wales Fire & Rescue Service
- PSA Peugeot Citroen
Some feedback from clients following in-house courses:
"Just wanted to let you know that the informal feedback I've had so far from the media training has been excellent. One person even described it as the best training course the organisation has provided me with so far!
"One of the Directors has said that it is only after half a day with STI that she is not paralysed with fear at the thought of being interviewed by the media. That's quite some impact you've had!
"Just wanted to add my voice to the others and say how very much we enjoyed your event on Wednesday. Not only lots of fun and a great chance for us to share a whole day together, but also of course a huge amount of learning. All immensely relevant and actionable.
"I just wanted to pass on my sincere thanks for the training course yesterday. I was actually quite overwhelmed by how well our officers viewed the training. Our internal feedback forms have been fantastic. Please pass on my thanks to David, Peter and Andy - all of whom built up an excellent rapport with our officers.
"I would like to thank you for providing such excellent media training, which managed to suit the needs of both experienced interviewees as well as novices. As a seasoned journalist, David absolutely knew his stuff and how the media operates. Both him and Andy the cameraman had a positive attitude which put everyone at ease. The structure of the day was great too, starting off with easier press interviews, followed by radio, TV and finally the most difficult - satellite. I will recommend you extremely highly to all the a professionals that I know, who are always after good media trainers. A number of the delegates were nervous about the day, but David and Andy made it not only enjoyable but extremely useful for all.
"I am always a little nervous about organising training for our most senior managers and directors but I was delighted with the excellent feedback.
"I'd just like to pass on my thanks to Dave who conducted our crisis media training last week. I was initially a sceptic as to whether this was needed but his advice has proved invaluable and put us in a place where we felt able to tackle the situations faced.
"Once again, I just want to reiterate how good we all felt the course was.
"We had some excellent feedback from the last course and are looking forward to working with you again"
"The training last week was so good I'm thinking of doing a bespoke course for our partners.
"The trainers and cameraman were very knowledgeable and everyone learned a lot from the day.
"I would like to thank you for organising for us, and David and Andy for providing, such excellent media training today.
"One of the most useful courses I have been on - well worth it"